This postcard in the Tennessee Historical Society’s collection depicts the Cossitt Library and Customs House, South Front Street, Memphis. Cossitt Library was the first public library in Memphis. Completed in 1893, the Romanesque building became a downtown landmark. It was demolished in 1958 for the more spacious Modern building that now has the same name. The Customs House is now owned by the University of Memphis and houses its School of Law.