Information for Use Fees: If you have requested permission to use Tennessee Historical Society materials and are required to pay a use fee, please use the button below to provide your payment on-line.
Memorial Gifts: If you would like to make a gift in memory of a friend or family member, please use the button below to make your gift through on-line payment.
THE TENNESSEE HISTORICAL SOCIETY TITLE VI COMPLAINT PROCEDURES
Title VI Policy Statement
The Tennessee Historical Society (THS) grants all citizens equal access to its public services. The THS is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination in the conduct of its business, including its responsibilities under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 (42
U.S.C. § 2000d) which provides that no person shall, on the grounds of race, color or national origin, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under its program of ferry service.
Title VI Complaint Procedures
If you believe that you have received discriminatory treatment based on race, color or national origin, you have the right to file a Title VI complaint with the THS. Federal and State laws require complaints to be filed within sixty (60) calendar days of the last alleged incident. You may call the THS at the number listed below and request that a Title VI Complaint Form be mailed to you or you can submit a written statement that contains all of the information listed below. If you are unable to write a complaint or need assistance submitting a complaint, please call (615) 741-8934 for assistance.
Complaints may be mailed or emailed to:
Title VI Complaints
Tennessee Historical Society
305 6th Avenue North
War Memorial Building
Nashville, TN 37243
All complaints must include the following information:
1. Complainant’s name, address and contact number.
2. The basis of the complaint (e.g. race, color or national origin).
3. The date(s) on which the alleged discriminatory event occurred.
4. The nature of the incident that led the complainant to believe discrimination was a factor.
5. Names, addresses and contact numbers of persons who may have knowledge of the event.
6. Other agencies or courts where a complaint may have been filed and a contact name.